When asked about how she came to live in Ithaca, New York, Carol Bushberg responds with a smile, “I am a local cultural stereotype – I came to Ithaca to study at Cornell, and never wanted to leave!” Born in Verona, New Jersey, Carol made her move to Upstate New York to study at Cornell University. In 1979, Carol graduated with a B.S. in Agronomy from the College of Agriculture and Life Sciences.
Her interests diverted when, at age 29, Carol earned her New York State real estate license. After working in two larger real estate offices, Carol became an Associate Broker at Christopher George Real Estate, a small and well-respected office located immediate to the Cornell University campus. During her 18 years at Christopher George Real Estate, Carol worked side by side with Broker and mentor Christopher Anagnost; she became proficient in the sale of commercial property and student housing.
Carol is a leader in her professional community, as well. She volunteers in various capacities with the Ithaca Board of Realtors. She has served as a member of its Board of Directors, and as the local representative to the New York State Association of Realtors. As an experienced and successful Realtor serving the greater Ithaca community, Carol explains, “As I celebrate my 30th anniversary as an Ithaca Realtor (can’t believe it myself), I continue to find my profession exciting every day. I am regularly challenged by new information I need to master, and honored by the people who enlist my services to help them buy and sell their family’s homes or investment properties.”
Confident that her experience, diligence, and innovation could fuel a new local brand, Carol founded her own dynamic real estate firm, Carol Bushberg Real Estate in January 2009. Under the motto “Sound Advice for Big Decisions,” Carol Bushberg Real Estate has found great success. Carol’s attention to detail, credibility on both the state and local level, and honest concern for her clients has elevated Carol Bushberg Real Estate, in record time, to the well-respected real estate brokerage you know today.
Working side by side, with exceptional support from a talented staff, Carol Bushberg and Associate Brokers Jill Rosentel and Hilda Moleski have grown the firm into a vigorous and efficient enterprise. We move a lot of real estate. In 2015, our office listed/ sold over $16.5 million of Ithaca area real estate.
Carol and her family live in the City of Ithaca in a mid-century modern, retrofitted with period furnishings and green technology. Carol’s son Ethan is an engineering student at Northeastern University in Boston, where he has learned to love big city living. Anee, Carol’s faithful black dog, will greet you warmly (though loudly) at the office when you visit.
Currently, Carol manages an elite team of Realtors and support staff whose sole objective is to provide a satisfying and profitable experience to both buyers and sellers of Ithaca area real estate.
Qualifications, Awards, and Recognition
- 2015 – Internal marketing department added to focus on social media and online market saturation
- 2015 – “Doors of Carol Bushberg Real Estate” poster retired – too many doors!
- 2014 – Carol Bushberg Real Estate expands to include Associate Broker Hilda Moleski
- More than 25 years as a licensed New York State real estate professional, selling all kinds of real estate in Tompkins County, New York
- 2011 Carol Bushberg earns the Certified Buyer’s Representative Designation
- 2011 Ithaca Board of Realtors President’s Award
- 2011 Carol Bushberg Real Estate expands to include Associate Broker Jill Rosentel
- 2010 Earned the National Association of Realtors Green Designation
- 2009 Founding of Carol Bushberg Real Estate
- Former member of the Board of Directors of the Ithaca Board of Realtors
- 2007 Ithaca Board of Realtors Realtor of the Year
- 2006-07 State Director of the New York State Association of Realtors, representing the interests of the Ithaca Board of Realtors
- 1996 Ithaca Board of Realtors President’s Award
In addition to her efforts on behalf of the real estate community, Carol has received special recognition for her family’s volunteer work with Love Knows No Bounds, an Ithaca-based relief organization founded in 2006 that transports donated furniture, household goods, and hope to the flood-ravaged 7th Ward of New Orleans, LA. Carol is also proud to work as a Tompkins County Election Officer and can be found at a local polling place on various election days.